As such we are pleased to be able to offer additional masses over the Octave of Christmas, which all count as your commitment to the birth of Christ. Please attend on other days of the “Octave of Christmas” masses if you can, in order to spread the numbers of people attending throughout the nine days. Our mass times during the Octave of Christmas are as follows:
6pm on Thursday 24th December
10am on Friday 25th December
12pm on Saturday 26th December
9am on Sunday 27th December
10am on Monday 28th December
9.30am on Tuesday 29th December
10am on Wednesday 30th December
9.30am on Thursday 31st December
10am on Friday 1st January 2021
We have now finalised our plans for CHRISTMAS MASSES. Please read through the details below and pass this message on to anyone you know who will not see this online/newsletter message.
“Christmas will be very different for us this year and our Christmas Masses are no exception. We are not able to have the extra traditions like carol singing, booklets, candles etc that we are used to, and as sad as this is, our priority is to follow the regulations to keep EVERYONE safe. The essential act of worship, however, remains a constant for us to enjoy, so we are pleased to be able to offer several Masses during the 'Octave of Christmas' (Christmas Day to New Year's Day inclusive) which ALL COUNT as your commitment to the birth of Christ – they are all of equal importance.” – Fr Frank
We know that lots of people would prefer to attend Mass on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but we need to be very careful in keeping our Church and parishioners safe as we cannot have more than approx. 50-60 people safely inside Church. With the kind help of Canon Michael Fitzpatrick we are pleased to be able to offer additional masses over the Octave of Christmas.
Please attend on other days of the “Octave of Christmas” masses if you can, in order to spread the numbers of people attending throughout the nine days. These masses, which all count as your commitment to the birth of Christ, are as follows:
- Thursday 24th Dec (Christmas Eve) at 6.00pm
- Friday 25th Dec (Christmas Day) at 10.00am
- Saturday 26th Dec at 12.00noon
- Sunday 27th Dec at 9.00am
- Monday 28th Dec at 10.00am
- Tuesday 29th Dec at 9.30am
- Wednesday 30th Dec at 10.00am
- Thursday 31st Dec at 9.30am
- Friday 1st Dec at 10.00am
In order to keep everyone safe and in line with government and diocesan guidelines, please observe the following:
- only attend Church if you do not have symptoms of Coronavirus, are not shielding for health reasons and have not been asked to isolate
- please bring a face mask/ face covering with you and keep it on at all times whilst inside the Church
- observe social distancing with anyone who is not in your household or support bubble, both inside and outside of church
- use hand sanitiser on entry
- check in on arrival using our QR code on your track and trace app or fill out a track & trace form
- For the annual gift to your parish priest but there will be a basket ON ARRIVAL for any donations (there will be no offertory collection made during Mass)
- Last but not least, please follow the instructions of the stewards, who will show you to your seat and guide you when it's time to receive Communion and to leave church.
Finally, it should be noted that there are no toilet facilities available in the church at this time. Mass duration will be approx 30 minutes.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or distress these new measures may cause but we hope we can offer the gift of Safe, Holy Mass to as many people as possible this Christmas season.
God bless you all,
Fr Frank & Fr Jim